Thursday, June 25, 2009

A new blogging schedule

I have decided to try a new blogging schedule. I have decided to post to my blogs 2-3 times per week instead of just once each week. I need the writing practice, and I want to try to attract more readers to my blogs. If I blog more often, I should be able to attract more readers. I have a lot to say and want to be able to get it all out. I want to be able to share all these things with people in the blogosphere who are like me so maybe I can help them and just to let them know they are not alone just as there are blogs I read that let me know that I am not alone. I am very serious about this writing and blogging thing and I want to do everything I can to make sure it works out. I have been reading up on blogging and have found lots of information to help me have good blogs and keep them up. Some books I have read are:

  • The Rough Guide to Blogging by Jonathan Yang
  • The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging by the editors of the Huffington Post with an Introduction by Arianna Huffington
  • Clear Blogging: How People Blogging are Changing the World and How You Can Join Them
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating a Web Page & Blog Sixth Edition by Paul McFredries
  • Practical Advice on Creating and Maintaining Your Blog: The Weblog Handbook by Rebecca Blood
There is a lot of good information in these books about building and maintaining blogs, increasing traffic, commenting, and more. There are also a lot of good websites and blogs that are discussed in these books. I am finding them very helpful in developing both this blog and my anxiety and depression blog. I will be adding some of the websites and blogs to the blogrolls on both of my blogs, for future reference and for visitors to link to those websites if they want.

No comments: